The Aquascape IonGen™ System is an electronic water clarifier solution for fish ponds, Pondless® Waterfalls and decorative water features.
Aquascapes IonGen™ has been field-tested for over 5 years and is simple to install, safe for fish (koi and natives), plants and humans and not toxic to any animals that may drink from or swim in the water feature.
Crystal clear pond water in fish ponds and formal water features.
This system will control string algae and free-floating algae in any water feature very quickly. It does this by putting trace amounts of copper into the water.
- One unit treats ponds up to 100,000 lts and is fully adjustable to suit any body of water up to this size.
- Works on Green Water AND String Algae!
- Less than $1/month in electricity
- Comes with 240-volt transformer included
- Also includes Aquascape Alkalinity Test Kit and Copper Test kit
- Works equally well ANY time of the year!
Simple easy installation to any water feature - place inline in existing plumbing or as easy as in the water flow of your pond.
The Aquascape IonGen system drastically reduces maintenance and provides crystal clear water without the use of chemicals.
• Significantly decreases the debris that normally attached to the rocks & gravel throughout the pond, waterfall and stream
• Not a chemical water treatment
• Can be used on ponds with fish and plants
• Suitable for swimming ponds
Replacement probes are available.
The Importance of Understanding Alkalinity
Why is alkalinity important to the success of the IonGenTM ?
• A good range of alkalinity level is between 100-250 mg/L (ppm).
• Copper ions become ineffective if the alkalinity is above 250 mg/L (ppm).
• One easy way to reduce alkalinity if it is too high is to conduct a partial water change. Make sure to check the tap waters alkalinity levels using an alkalinity test kit (available from hardware stores and pool shops) to make sure it falls between the good Alkalinity range of 100-250 mg/L (ppm)
• One easy way to raise low alkalinity levels is to use ordinary baking soda. Adding 1⁄4 cup (68 grams) per 4,000 liters will typically raise the alkalinity by 10 mg/L (ppm). Raising alkalinity should not be done all at once, but over a period of days.
• Alkalinity levels in water features with high evaporation rates can be elevated and continue to elevate as the minerals are left behind and additional minerals are added within the new water used to top-off the water feature.
• Too high of alkalinity may be a reason why you don’t see results with ionization or had good results, but then notice it decline later in the season. One easy way to reduce alkalinity if it gets too high is to conduct a partial water change.
IonGen water quality system: control string algae in ponds and water features, clear water lakes and ponds, pond algae, how to control algae in pond